About Me

My photo
Denver, Colorado, United States
This is what I am: an open minded,moody,truth seeking yet optimistic creative man with a dark sense of humor. My constant stream of jokes hides deep complexities and dark turns.

Thursday, November 17, 2011

The Manifesto of Mauricio O. Rocha


As I progress towards a silver lined future I acknowledge the harsh contrast of black and white, right and wrong, work and play, and I attempt to balance them equally, while creating and living in the gray medium. I respect all that has come before me and take nothing with jest, yet I discover my own voice in this bizarre world of chaos and order; living, breathing, creating, laughing with all of you people.
Now, some have said in the past, that I have behaved like a 21 year old for the past three years. Be that as it may, I am ready to hurl ahead into a new era and continue to transform and evolve. The journey is an endless one; I may notice it‘s pinnacle when I wake up one day, mistaking my reality for fantasy.
I’ve discovered you are only as serious as your work; in that case I take myself alarmingly serious as a writer and an artist. I plan to devote myself to a lifelong body of work, and I’m elated to know and have all of you guys inspiring me and continuing to push me out of my comfort zone, shaping me. Now get your engines ready to rumble because we’re going to drink until we die, and were going to dream of love tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Mauricio, I just discovered you in Pieces of Denver. You are an awesome writer. I have re-published your Feverish Delirium in my Colorado Issues Journal--www.cojourn.homestead.com/FeverishDelirium.html

    ReplyDelete